· Have a Family and Community Services caseworker who is requiring that you make changes to improve your children’s safety.
· Live in the Newcastle/Maitland area
· Visit you 2 or 3 times a week for up to 3 months
· Develop a plan with goals to improve your child’s safety
· Help with practical suggestions to improve your family’s life
· Link you with other services that can be helpful
· Support you to develop new skills
· Give you access to 24/7 contact with a family worker.
· Maintain regular contact with the FACS case worker so that we are all aware of developments.
· Attend case meetings with you
· Discuss with you what is working well, any worries and the next steps.
We only receive referrals from FACS case workers. If you believe that this service could be helpful, then you should contact your case worker.
If your family is referred to us, then we will meet with you and your case worker to hear their concerns and your concerns and you will have the opportunity to accept our service or not. It is a voluntary service and if at any point you are not happy with our service, you can ask for us to stop being involved.